Friday, February 26, 2010

Anyone Who Had a Heart............


photograph courtesy of Lincolnshire Publishing


Do you know my Daddio is Famous?

(Well, he is round these parts!)



As the end of February fast approaches, I wanted to remind my dear bloggeroos that it is National Heart Month.

I don't know if you are familiar with the British Heart Foundation,
but they do a wonderful job.

When my Dad was 76 he had to have a Triple Bypass
operation on his heart.

Very scarey stuff!

Luckily all turned out well, but it was touch and go for a while.

When Dad had his 80th Birthday coming up in 2008, he decided that we would have a party.

Not just ANY party, the full works, a proper venue, finger buffet, and most importantly of all.................
a Disco.

We invited all the family - uncles, aunts, cousins, nephews and nieces. Also invited were my ex-husband and his wife, and my sister's ex- hubby and his girlfriend.

Exes are still classed as part of the family, which is nice.

Dad decided that if people wanted to give a present, he would ask for a donation from them instead.

He raised £693

The best part for him though was having his picture in the Lincolnshire Echo.

Daddio's name is Charles, so we decided that all the females in the family would wear a sash saying

"CHARLIE'S ANGEL"

but for copyright reasons this wasn't possible

so instead, we had

1st Angel (Mumsie)
2nd Angel (Me)
3rd Angel (My sister)

and so on........................



We hid in the back room and the DJ got Daddio up to the front and then played
"Here come the Girls" (the song from the Boots' advert) We all strolled in.

Who's the bossy one looking down the line, checking that everyone's standing up straight?

Errrrrrr...................that'll me then!

Here's the nine of us, Hollie wouldn't wear her sash!

Not a particularly good pic, but my Dad thought it was great.

Especially when we gave out a 10th sash to Janet, a family friend who Dad calls his girlfriend.

He had the first dance with Mumsie




Janet had to wait for her turn!


The evening was a success and we enjoyed it no end.

At such events, at the end of the evening,

we always have a family dance/ singalong

to Elvis Presley's "The Wonder of You"


Who's that gobby lass?
Errrrr.......that'll be me!

When we all went to usual Family lunch last Saturday - we had to take him up and book the venue again.

It's Mum and Dad's 60th wedding anniversary later this year.

It's my job to book the Disco, apparently.

1 comment:

KC'sCourt! said...

I bet your dad is great fun to be around! He certainly enjoying life there.