Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Unlucky in Love............



Go get yourself a cup of tea, a biscuit or three and a Tena Lady, and I will tell you the story of my quest to find True Love!

I was married for 19 years to a wonderful man - the father of my my two sons.

We remain on friendly terms, and I don't think either of us wish we had never married.

Apart from my marriage and my 8 year relationship with my late partner - I have been very unlucky in love..............


Firstly, there was Bob, he was a builder



A great bloke, but he never turned up on the day he said he would, and kept nipping off to see someone else.

Then there was Boris, the Optician............


I couldn't "see" that going anywhere.

Next, there was Pat the Postman................



I only saw him once.

After our first date, every time he arranged to pick me up - he kept going to the wrong address.

Not to mention all that cat hair!

Steve, the Bookmaker, was the next man to drift into my life...................


All he ever did was take my money off me!

Then there was John, the Jeweller.....................


He was always promising to "give me a ring" - and never did.

Jeremy, the Vicar seemed promising at first...............





- but all that time on my knees?

I then met Justin. Justin was an explorer. We didn't see each other very much.

First he went off to the North Pole.

Then he joined an expedition to the South Pole.............


I decided not to pursue this relationship...................

I'd heard he was BI-POLAR!

The chap I met most recently was Gordon, the Newsagent.

But I'm now having second thoughts about him...........


Surely it's not normal to spend all that time surrounded by 13 year old boys?

For my previous tales of woe see



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if I should chuckle or not?!?!???
At least you can say "variety is the spice of life"!!
Have a Great Day!
Marilyn

Sandies' Patch said...

He He you little minx!I've run out of Tena supers' had to use a bathseet rolled up, uncomfortable but, the big mug of Yorkshire tea(for hard water) was delish!
Whom , or is it who next? Don't date Mac (could have a knife concealed about his person or be a flasher....don't risk it Sue).
The mind boggles when you start connecting names with characters....

Sandie xx

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

There is a saying you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you find a prince but you seem to have had your fair share of them....

Keep searching but in the meantime enjoy the search - at least it is giving us a laugh if nothing else
Debbie

Unknown said...

Lol!! I can relate to most of them men in my past...maybe they were the same ones tehe!!Have a wonderful week.
Karenxxx