Friday, July 16, 2010

What the Dickens!!................



When I'm thinking about a blogpost, I use various avenues of inspiration................

My memory
My family, particularly the children and the "Seniors"
My old diaries
Conversations I have

Sometimes, I begin to write about one thing, and the tale seems to take on a life of its own, and ends up quite differently to what I thought I was going to post!


Occasionally, I will start with the title, and see what flows. The titles I choose will come from everyday sayings, proverbs, or song titles.

Just for a change, I may begin to use book titles, inspired by the pile of books on my bedside table.

So here's a few ideas I've had of blogposts yet to be written.............


This one would be about the time I went up North to see my family and got on the wrong train. (Not once, but TWICE!)



This one - about when I couldn't find my Mum whilst out shopping..........



How about another story about Mandy, my Ickle Ditder............?






I could write about the neighbours who live opposite, who are always knocking on my door...........



I'm told I'm a bit "careful" with money so I might write about the patch of carpet that leads to where I hide all of my cash...............



Then there's the story of when I went away for a few days and forgot to pack my knickers.................


an alternative title for THAT story that may equally be considered.................




But, for today, I will tell of the 'phone call I had with my Aunty Bert.
(Her real name is Bertha, she's not a transvestite!)

I'll call this one....................


DOCTOR, NO!

Both Aunty Bert and I have Fibromyalgia. A couple of months ago, after getting through a bad flare up, Aunty Bert 'phoned me.

Here is the conversation........................

AUNTY BERT: Thank you for my birthday card and present.

ME: You're very welcome!

AUNTY BERT: Your Mum said you a bad week last week. Feeling better?

ME: Much better thanks. The Doctor gave me a short course of steroids.

AUNTY BERT: I take steroids too. Why doesn't he give you them to take every day like my Doctor does?

ME: He's worried about the long term effects.

AUNTY BERT: Really? You've got me worried now. I shall ask about that when I next see the doctor.

Aunty Bert had just celebrated her 90th Birthday!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Bless Aunty Bert :) Love your book title 'blogposts' very creative.
Sandi

BadPenny said...

love it !

angel said...

Brilliant. :)
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX