Friday, March 19, 2010

Confession is Good for the Soul



Well, I did something so surprising on Wednesday - I still can't believe I did it!

I've been carrying the thought of it around with me since it happened.

I've got up to some antics before, but nothing like this............



No matter how hard I tried today, I just couldn't stop mulling it over in my head.

This morning, I was still thinking about what I'd done as I was juggling my melons.





(I was just coming out of the Fruit and Veg Shop.) I spotted Father White going into his Church across the road.


"This must be a sign," I thought. "I must go and tell him what I've done."

As I went inside, I saw the Priest getting ready to take Confession.

There was no-one else in the Church, so I went in to the confessional box.

Father White heard me swish the curtain.

"Yes, my child?"

"I really don't know where to start," I said hurriedly.

"Take your time......." he told me.

I took a deep breath, "The thing is Father White, I had my wicked way with the Pizza delivery guy yesterday. He's only 20, and he stayed with me for hours."

Father White cleared his throat,
"Aren't you Liam's widow?" He asked. (He had performed Liam's funeral service.)

"That's right," I answered.

"But you're not Catholic are you?"

"No, I'm Church of England." I said.

He seemed a bit uncomfortable and asked

"So why are you telling me all this?"

He just didn't get it, did he?

So, I told him..................,

"But Father White, he's only 20 and I'm 54,

I'm not just telling YOU.........................

.................................

I'M TELLING EVERYBODY!"


Oooops! I'd better go, my pizza's here............

...........................




I'm not sure, but I think it's Buy One, Get One Free!
Pizza, anyone?

7 comments:

Autumn Mist said...

I hope you washed your hands first! This is so funny, must just relay it to husband! Have a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

yes please, he-he x

Taz said...

I'm sorry but was it a stuffed crust? LOL

Kelly said...

LOL!!! I'd tell everyone too!!! You do make me giggle!

Anonymous said...

I have tagged you in an award, hope you don't mind :0

The Vintage Kitten said...

Can I get extra pepperoni? LOL! X

West Bloomfield Township Vacuum Repair said...

This was a lovely bloog post