Sunday, May 23, 2010

Mission Unpoochable!







Before I write today's posting, I would just like to say "Thank you" to those bloggeroos who left me such kind messages about my previous posting. I really appreciated them.


Most of you won't know that I am a dog lover, always have been. That said, I don't own a dog at present.

A dog wouldn't fit in with either my health issues or my lifestyle. (I often travel up to see my youngest and his family and they have dogs of their own.)

When I was married we always had at least one dog. One day, we heard that there was an 8 month old English Springer Spaniel on "Death Row" at our local Dog Rescue Centre.

We decided to go and see if we could give her a home. In hindsight we should have realised that she was going to be a handful as when we got there, the Kennel Owner had to get her down from the garage roof for us to have a look at her!

She was adorable, and we brought her home. Her name was "Magic". We soon found out why; if the front door was open even just a quarter of an inch - she disappeared!

We changed her name to "Polly". She really was very hard to handle, so when we heard that a couple we knew were looking for a spaniel to train as a gun dog, we contacted them to see if they thought she was suitable.

To cut a long story short, "Polly" went to live with them. After her training she proved to be an excellent gun dog, and went on to live a long and happy life.

I'm writing this post as I saw two images that really made me chuckle, and I share them with you now.



I'm sure some of you will know just how this owner felt when he came home from work to discover this!


And, finally.........................................................................



Excuse me, wont you? - I've got an idea where to look for my lost umbrella!

3 comments:

menopausalmusing said...

Both photos were really, really funny. Thanks.......

Taz said...

So that's where the sofa went! LOL

BadPenny said...

ooh mine would so be in the dog house if he did that !