Wednesday, April 7, 2010

It's Good News Week!





Today my blogpost will be grounded in reality. (That'll make a nice change!)

Before I give you some family updates, I am going to answer five questions that I have received from my dear bloggeroos either in comments or via email.




QUESTION ONE:
"Your stories, they're not real, are they?"




ANSWER:
Strangely enough, most of them ARE true, or at least based on events that have actually happened. Sometimes names and places may be changed to protect the innocent!




QUESTION TWO:
Are you planning to write a book?



ANSWER:
No - it sounds too much like hard work!

(Maybe I could secure sponsorship from Tena Lady, and let them chase a publisher!)



QUESTION THREE:
Are you really on medication?




ANSWER:
You read my blog, what do YOU think?




QUESTION FOUR:
Have you really had as many jobs as your tales would suggest?




ANSWER:
You don't know the half of it!




QUESTION FIVE:
Are all your family as crackers as you?




ANSWER:
Yep!




So, to other news....................

Did you have a lovely Easter?

I did.

My youngest and his family were in Lincoln for the weekend.

There was no usual Saturday Family Lunch at my parents as they were away for the weekend, so both my sons and daughters-in-law, and my three grandchildren came to my house for lunch.


So that the children didn't have too much chocolate, I made up Easter treasure bags with small presents; an assortment of small books, sunglasses, bath toys etc.

The girls loved them. (Jayden had a couple of rattles and some bath toys. He's only 11 weeks old, so the girls opened his for him!)

We've always liked a sense of occasion in our family.................



This is a pic of my youngest a few years ago, pretending he's the Easter Bunny!


Jayden's so like his Dad, he also disguised himself as the Easter Bunny.....



I did some Easter decorations............



I've always done an Easter branch - it's a German custom.
(Ex-hubby's family are German.)

When my boys were little, we lived right near the local Primary School. We would put our branch in the front room window so the school children could come to have a look.

Here's a close up of the glass jar. I found it at the Charity Shop for £2.50 couple of weeks ago.

I put in some shredded paper, some plastic eggs from Poundstretcher, a vintage ducky egg cup and a few chicks.

The hen is my kitchen timer.



I also did the fireplace.......


There was also a few bits and pieces in my hall window, but I forgot to take a pic!

Nobody bought me an egg, so I treated myself. I only had ONE, here it is........




Anyway, on to my exciting news.......................



My eldest son and his wife are expecting another baby in October. My lovely niece and her partner are also awaiting the arrival of their first baby in September.

We are all so looking forward to welcoming two more little people into our family.

Mumsie is delighted.


Daddio has suggested they should each buy one of these................


...................for their bedrooms :O)

Oh Daddio, you're such a wag!

Seriously - they are both SO chuffed.

They really love being great-grandparents, and by the end of the year they will have 6 great grandchildren!


Check back for my next blogpost for a tale about how Mumsie kept us all warm in the long cold winters of our childhood.

9 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

Looks like you had a really good Easter. Congratulations on the forth coming events

Jill said...

What a lovely post.

Hugs RosieP x

menopausalmusing said...

Great post and congratulations. :O)

jackanne said...

Brilliant post,......congrats on new babies, my niece gets set off tmoz morning with her third baby...i cant wait!! have a nice day. xx

Unknown said...

I love your post and you have made me giggle once more!!!Hope you are going to share that big egg!!!!!xxxx

WinnibriggsHouse said...

Glad you still had a get together and congratulations on your lovely news :)

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Very funny.... :-)

Warm blessings,
Spencer

Kelly said...

A lovely post and some happy news! Congratulations you your family!!!

VintageWantsNotNeeds said...

I can't believe you ate all that egg in one go - surely you took a breather in between bites.
Glad you had a good Easter and congrats on the news of the newbies that are going to join the family.
Debbie