Friday, July 1, 2011

When Gobbledegook is Your First Language............



Hello my dear Bloggeroos!

I have now read your comments on my last post.......Shame on you!

I can't believe you lot thought that my recent tale of woe was an attempt at "toilet humour."

Would I stoop so low?

No.........there'll be no stooping here.

Not after all those Bran Flakes and Sennakots anyway!




************


Last time I said that I would tell you a tale about Mumsie and mistaken identity.

But, that story goes on a bit. (Don't they all?)

...............and I'm waiting in the for the plumber to come and fix a leaky toilet.
(A saga for another post, maybe?)

So, instead, her is a little back-story which reminded about her daft stunt in the first place.


My Mum is a lovely woman, everyone loves her.







When I was still living at home, my friends thought she was cool.

She is a fantastic cook and loves to have her family around her as much as possible.

She is generous and friendly.

but.......................

Sometimes she speaks as though English were not her first language.

..........and...............

Sometimes...............she's just plain DAFT!

(..........and you wonder where I get it from?)

Here goes...........

Mum and I talk on the 'phone most days, and it was this recent conversation that reminded me of the mistaken identity stunt she pulled several years ago. (To follow in my next post.)


ring.........ring...........ring............ring........


MUMSIE: 'Ello?


ME: (singing) I Just Called to Say I Love You..........





MUMSIE: Oh, I love that song! It reminds me of when you used to play it on your car radio. It was when you had that blue adventure.


ME: "Blue Adventure"? "Blue Adventure"?




ME: Whatever are you talking about?
You're referring to my old job when I would dress up for local press promotions, aren't you. I've told you before, I was only PRETENDING to be a victorian prostitute.



I was collecting for charity.


MUMSIE: Not that, you soft sod! (her favourite term of endearment.) I meant that blue car you had when the kids were little.



ME: You silly woman...............






.........That was an Avenger, a Blue AVENGER!





****************


Anyway, gotta go. I must hide the chocolate Waggon Wheels before the plumber gets here!

Back soon!

3 comments:

Sandi said...

What a funny mum you have, she must be loads of fun to be around.
Your comment on my post made me laugh, I did have a crochet bikini in my teen years, and I didn't realise....when it got wet it stretched. Uh Oh :( I'm sure some young lads were very happy, I certainly wasn't.
xx Sandi

Wendy@Once upon a rose haven said...

Hooray! Bells are ringing, you have 100th followers. Congratulations!!!
Have a wonderful day!
~Wendy

BadPenny said...

Ha but I bet you had lots of adventures in the blue Avenger !